Frequently Asked Questions
Stamps Home Health Care understands that choosing a home health agency can be a daunting and overwhelming task. We are committed to providing information and education to patients and families that will help boost confidence in the decision-making process. Some frequently asked questions include:
Who qualifies for home health services?
Home health care is designed to help patients and their families with the advanced care needed to fully recover from acute or chronic diseases and injuries, from the comfort and safety of home. In order to qualify for home health services, the following conditions must be met:
- Home health services must be prescribed by a physician.
- The patient suffers from a recent illness or injury that requires skilled nursing or therapy services on an intermittent basis.
- The patient is restricted in their ability to leave the home.
If you are unsure whether you or your loved one will qualify for home health services, please contact Avanti Home Health Care directly. A member of our nursing staff can provide a complimentary assessment to determine your eligibility.
How will my home health services be paid for?
Home health care services are covered by Medicare and Medicaid, as well as most private insurance plans. Private pay options are also available for patients with no medical insurance coverage.
How do I receive home health services?
Home health services can be initiated by a request from you, your physician, or the discharge planner at a hospital or skilled nursing facility. If you are interested in an evaluation for eligibility for Stampsi Home Health Care services, you can inquire with your physician or discharge planner, or contact stamps Home Health Care directly.
When are home health services available?
Stamps Home Health Care is headquartered in Carrollton, TX. Our office hours are from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. We provide 24-hour on-call and after hour coverage, 7 days per week.
How do I choose a home health agency?
There are many home health agencies servicing the DFW area, offering a variety of specialties and programs, and a wide spectrum of quality of care. Your hospital or skilled nursing facility may recommend a home health agency, but the right to choose an agency remains with the patient. Some considerations when choosing the right home health agency to help you move forward in your recovery include:
- Is the home health agency Medicare-certified and accredited by a reputable accreditation agency?
- Does the home health agency offer the specific health care service you need?
- Are the staff members properly screened, oriented and credentialed, and are they sensitive to individual patient needs and preferences?
- Does the home health agency provide 24-hour on-call coverage for crisis management?
- Does the home health agency focus on patient education and training to maximize independence and reduce the risk of hospital readmission?